Frequently Asked Question
How to use eFax
Last Updated 3 years ago
This is how to use the eFax function in our system.
- Go to your PBX server. (acmeplumbing.voipcom.network, etc.)
- Log in.
- Click on Apps > Fax Server
- Under Tools, click on New to send a new fax A * indicates a required field. (Note: either a message OR files are required, but sending both is optional)
- Header: Appears under logo on message page of fax. Pretty unimportant, all told. Usually filled by company name, subject, or classification info.
- From: Says who the fax is from. Company name or name of sender goes here.
- To: Says who the fax is for (This is NOT where the recipients fax number goes). Put recipient's or company's name here.
- Fax number*: Put the recipient's fax number here.
- Fax files*: Click Choose Files to select files from your computer to be sent as a fax message. Make sure the files you pick are PDFs.
- Resolution*: Choose how high quality you want the fax to be.
- Paper size*: Choose the paper size the message is to be printed on.
- Subject: If you are faxing a message, not just files, fill this with the subject (like on an email)
- Message*: If applicable, write a message email.
- Footer: Fine print goes here; you can change what is automatically put here.
- Preview: Exports a PDF of what your message will look like if sent
- Send*: Sends message. Be patient, this will take several seconds.
- Clink on Inbox to view received faxes
- Caller ID Name and Caller ID Number let you see info on who sent you the fax
- Clicking the listing under File Name (Download) will download a TIF file of the fax message. (This is not recommended)
- Clicking the PDF button under View will download a PDF of the fax message. (This is recommended)
- Date lets you see the date of when the fax was sent/received. (Pretty obvious, but I gotta mention it anyway)
- Click on Sent to view sent faxes
- See above for information on this.
- Destination is who you're sending the fax to.